It is always good to keep the floor and surrounding things well hygiene with disinfectant liquid. And when you come from an outside environment, it is best to start using it at home.
You must stay in a hygienic environment. Because of the current climate, an outbreak of diseases and infections is high, for you, it becomes even more important to take extra effort to keep surroundings clean. Having a disinfectant cleaner at home comes in handy.
You can have surface disinfectant spray at home that will be used for keeping things clean.
There is a common question comes in the mind. What is an Antiseptic? & What is disinfectant?
Let us understand it better way.
What is an Antiseptic?
An antiseptic is a material that slows down bacteria, germs & viruses. An antiseptic is frequently used in hospitals and other medical locations. It helps to reduce the risk of infection during operations and other procedures.
Different types of antiseptics are used in medical locations. These include hand rubs, hand washes, and skin preparations. Some are also available over the counter (OTC) for home use.
What is a Disinfectant?
A disinfectant can be defined as a germicide agent that can be applied on some items’ surface to destroy the germs residing on them. Sunlight is the best disinfectant for germs. There is the best disinfectant in India.
After reading the above two answers, we now look into differences.
Difference between an antiseptic and a disinfectant:
Antiseptics and disinfectants both kill bacteria, germs and viruses.
An antiseptic is applied to the body, whereas disinfectants are applied to non-living surfaces, such as countertops and handrails.
For example, a doctor will apply an antiseptic to the surgical place on a person’s body and use a disinfectant to sterilize the operating table.
Almost every environment on the planet contains bacteria and viruses. Most bacteria are harmless to humans. Using the right types of disinfectants regularly on surfaces during your facility is critical in preventing the spread of diseases and sicknesses like colds, Influenza, and even COVID-19.
Since there are many types of disinfectants on the market, it is important to understand how they work, their pros and cons— to make an informed decision on how to disinfect best and protect the people in your facility.
How do Disinfectants Work?
Disinfectants are chemical products applied to non-living objects to destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, or mildews living on the objects. If these products claim to kill any pathogen, they must be registered with the EPA. Disinfectants are frequently used in hospitals, dental surgeries, kitchens, and bathrooms to kill infectious organisms.
What to Consider When Choosing Your Disinfectant?
There are four main thoughts you should evaluate when choosing a disinfectant liquid to meet your facility’s needs best. Answering these questions will give you an outline for helping determine the best product(s) to use.
Depending on your industry and facility type – healthcare, education, long-term care, hospitality – you will have varying needs and requirements.
The disinfectant liquid is registered to kill viruses at a specific time. They need to be wet on a surface the entire time to be actively working. Thirty seconds to five minutes might be a typical kill time. If a disinfectant needs 10 minutes, be sure it will actually stay wet that long. Read and follow all directions for use and rewetting if necessary.
Is the product safe to use for people and safe for the surfaces? Some disinfectants are toxic, some stain, others are corrosive, yet others have an undesirable smell. Be sure a disinfectant will not damage any surface you want to use.
Ease of Use:
Some applications require multiple steps that may not always be feasible.
Disinfectant liquid: Place of use
When deciding where to disinfect, common sense dictates the “high touch” or “touch point” surfaces are routinely disinfected.
- In-Car, seats and on glass
- Bathing corridors and taps
- Washing clothes
- Used as a sanitizer for hard surface products, i.e., Utensils, Kitchen
- Floor cleaning
- Cell phone, but use it wisely. Take all precautionary measures & ways to clean.
Best disinfectant liquid/spray for a home in India:
Let us see first which best disinfectant spray for home in India.
- Dettol-Multi-Purpose Disinfectant Surfaces,
- Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray,
- Amway Pursue Disinfectant,
- Amway Home Fruit and Veggie Wash
For your requirement multipurpose product is beneficial. It is because, it serves your different needs and purposes.
Right purpose of using disinfectant liquid:
We use disinfectants to prevent the spread of colds, influenza and other infectious diseases. If improperly applied, it reduces their ineffective.
How can you avoid some mistake?
And how to use and apply disinfectants properly, to protect the health of surroundings.
- You must have seen mops are made of cotton fiber. Those are not useful. Solution: Mops and cleaning cloths made of artificial microfiber are considered to be more effective than those made from natural based fibres, due to their resistance to “quat binding”
- The disinfectant solution in your mop bucket can get dirty as you clean floors and dip your mop back into the bucket. If the solution is not changed often enough, you may end up simply re-spreading bacteria and dirt over floors. Solution: Good practices recommend changing mop water every 2-3 rooms.
- Hot Spot surfaces that are frequently touched, bacteria can double their numbers in as little as 20 minutes. Such as doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, handrails, these areas accumulate germs more quickly. You need to be disinfected with the help of disinfectant spray. Restroom surfaces should also be disinfected frequently. Toilet and nozzle handle being havens for germs. Don’t neglect less obvious surfaces, i.e., towel dispensers, toilet paper holders, garbage cans, and hand dryers.
- Clean the area before you apply disinfectants liquid cleaner. Remove visible surface soil, then apply your disinfectant according to instructions.
- Before you apply disinfectants, read the information to be sure the specific bacteria, viruses, and other germs you want to remove are listed in the “kill claims.”
- Duration is important. The surface disinfectant liquid MUST be wet on the surface for the duration of the contact time to be effective.
- Disinfectants liquid cleaner that comes in concentrate form must be diluted in exactly the label’s ratio.
There are very fewer disinfectant liquids for hands. It is because to use for skin purposes not possible. Amway pursues eco-friendly product which does not harm your skin.
I have come across a good product. This solves most of your cleaning & hygiene-related problems. It is a Multi-Purpose Disinfectant Liquid cleaner for Hard & Soft Surfaces.
Amway Pursue is a disinfectant cleaner with an all-purpose disinfectant for the house. The multipurpose pursued disinfectant cleaner is a proven one step Cleaner, Disinfectant, Sanitizer, Fungicide, Mildewstat, Virucide, and Deodorizer.
Pursue sanitizes hard, non-porous food contact surfaces without the need for rinsing. It is a germicide that makes hard non-porous surfaces like Floors, Sinks, Countertops,
Tabletops etc germ free.
Pursue is effective fungicide and can be used in shower and bath area.
It is also mildewstat that effectively controls throats of mold and mildew on hard non porous surfaces.
Pursue is also a virucide that destroys virus like HIV-1, Influenza-A, Brazil, Herpes simplex Type1 and Type2 and Vaccina. This makes it effective for cleaning blood body fluids villages, microscopic slides, glassware etc in clinics, hospitals, laboratories.
Lastly pursue can deodorize surfaces and toilet areas behind and under sinks. Counters garbage storage areas and other places where bacterial growth causes mal odours.
Pursue is unique because it is a one-step cleaner. It is the only product in India which completely disinfect even when diluted.
It has a concentrated formulation, which means dilution giving economy in use and flexibility in strength depending on the application unlike other products available in the market.
Pursue can be used to disinfect even food contact surfaces for examples utensils, crockery etc.,
Pursue is a unique powerful deodorizer that does not mask the odor but actually kills the source of mal odor.
Pursue can be used in several places like Homes, Hospitals, Gymnasiums and
Health clubs, Dairy and food processing industry, Meat and poultry processing plants
Schools and crushers. And wherever 100% hygiene and health along cleanliness is the requirement.
How to use Amway Pursue?
- To apply Amway Pursue on walls, floor, and other non-porous hard surfaces, use a mop, a cloth for the Amway pistol grip sprayer to thoroughly wet the surface. The treated surface must remain wet for at least 10 minutes.
- When using a mob, mix PURSUE with water in a bucket in the recommended dilution.
Remember: You must use Amway pour and measure cap to measure correct amount of pursue.
|Application||Dilution Ration (per liter of water)|
|Highly Infected Area like Hospitals||16ml. of Pursue per liter of water|
|Medium Infected areas like Home||8ml. of Pursue per liter of water|
|Food contact surfaces||4mi. of Pursue per liter of water|
Application & Cost per Use
|Application||Dilution Ratio||Cost Per Use (At MRP)|
|Floors (2500 sq.ft)||40 ml. in 5 litter water||Rs.16.70|
|Hospitals Floors (2500 sq.ft)||80 ml. in 5 litter water||Rs.20.80|
|Toilet/ Bath Area (100 sq.ft)||40 ml. in 5 litter water||Rs.16.70|
|Sanitizing Kitchen work top (16 sq.ft)||02 ml. in 500 ml. water||85 paise|
|Disinfect and Deodorize Dustbin, Dish Rack, Refrigerator & Kitchen Cabinets||04 ml. in 500 ml. water||Rs.1.70|
Pursue gives you and your family a complete safety cover. A safety cover that gives your family a healthy and prosperous future. You will get it on the official website.
The insects in your home cannot be ignored. There are many such disinfectants liquid in India, which are being sold. Investing in a good sanitizing spray or liquid can get the job done. However, we would need to check these points while trying to find the worth of the money.
The items mentioned in the above list will sure satisfy your cleaning needs. They are easy to use and show the results in time. Suitable for today’s age, aren’t they?
So, no matter who you are, the safety of your house is your responsibility.
Comment below and let us know article.